Friday, November 6, 2009

noviembre sin ti

I should be writing coverage.
But the script was so weird that I don't even know where to start.
I could be reading a pack of synopses.
But I don't want to mess up other ideas with the script I'm supposed to write coverage on.
So instead, here is a quick update:

I went to Barry Manilow's first concert in Hollywood Bowl and stood among women in their 40s and 50s. "Can't smile without you" and "I write the song" were in my head for over a week.
Laser show to Beatles.
Introduced the wonders of Korean Karaoke rooms to friends.
The Jay Leno Show (he's super hilarious).
Pre-interview with Good Neighbors, a NGO that I might apply to work for.

Despite their extreme pickiness, I'm thankful for my bosses.
My direct supervisor's order reminds me of Sally ordering in "When Harry Met Sally."
"You eat so healthy! No wonder you're the way you are," said a guy when I was waiting to pick up my boss' order.
"Thanks," I said, thinking I would never order a veggie burger. And as much as I love salads, I eat my normal burger with fries. You have no idea how much I eat, sir.
But seriously, who asks his intern "Hani, would you be kind enough to go get my lunch please?" Only my boss, who less and less seems like Tom Cruise.
And what kind of a straight boss calls out his intern "darling" when she makes mistakes? Only my other boss, a producer with a great sense of humor.
And her wife (another boss)...impecable even with a kid. She sounds just like her husband minus all the f and s words.

I remember thinking my internship term was too short. But lazy spirit has trapped me in LA, and I wish I didn't have to work anymore so that I can do fun stuff.
Plus, it's already November. Not as cold as in Iowa, not as warm as in Mexico. But still November.
In a month, I'll be heading into the cold arms of Iowa, to witness a lovely couple's wed and to get ready for Kenya. Until then, I need more time. More time to reflect, pray, get to know better some wonderful people I've met, and ultimately to get ready to say goodbye to them.

"Noviembre sin ti es pedirle a la luna que brille la noche de mi corazon otra vez..."

4 comments:

  1. "No wonder you're the way you are!"

    Ha! Terrific. Make the most of your last month - see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noribong!!

    Mmm...eat a regular burger with fries for me.

    I'm saddened that you went to a Barry Manilow concert, but I appreciate the irony

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right. Have you been to one Elijah?
    My friends loved it so much that they wanted to go singing every week!
    Also, I had extra crispy fries and a burger two consecutive days.
    Barry Manilow. Hahaha I can only laugh about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I've been. It's pretty fun, although they put random scenes from Korean movies and TV to English songs, so you get some odd "interpretations" of the songs

    I'm jealous of your burgers and fries

    ReplyDelete