Friday, November 13, 2009

this is for the guy i haven't met

My story is different than his.
As a matter of fact, his story is simply too cute that I don't know how I'll ever top that. What more, his story is already in this lovely process whereas mine is yet to start.
Girls, hold your breath: this is what I'm talking about.

Somehow I ended up watching the video 4 times in the afternoon with different people and still went "aaaaaww you are too cute, man." His eyes literally lit up as he talked about his girl's reaction and it was too heart warming that he didn't even allow me a second to be jealous of his girl. I couldn't help but be genuinely happy for this man and his lucky girl.
Of course she loved it. What kind of person directs, stars, and edits a music video (feat. John Travolta) for a girl who he hasn't met yet? Only Colin. Only for his cute, long-distance, officially "it's complicated" relationship.

Jeremy, a marvelous writer, wrote a short story for his wife Kelsey (then his girlfriend) for her birthday.
Nate, a talented singer, writes songs for his girlfriend.
Charlie, from a rich family, bought a car for his former girlfriend.
My dad, a great cook, used to (and still does) cook for my mom every week.
Colin, a phenomenal director of photography, made a music video for his girl.

Everyone is doing their best for their loved ones unconditionally, in hopes of making their day more joyful. So that they may be happy, so that they can be happy. I'm just thankful that these people are gladly doing the same thing for God.

Jeremy brings hope and grace through his writings.
Nate writes and sings songs to bring the youth before Him.
Charlie supports ministries financially.
My dad cooks to serve and feed God's servants.
Colin witnesses the gospel with and without his camera.

And this is what I long to do for God. But the best fruit of all the provided talents is yet to be determined. So meanwhile, here is for the guy I haven't met yet.
Learn from those guys.

2 comments:

  1. hope that you are doing well hani. i love reading what you write and hope to talk to you someday again. be well...and good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks..I heard you are planning on going home for christmas. I'll prob see you then. hopefully.

    ReplyDelete