Friday, October 16, 2009

the day

It's a nice sunny day today after three chilly rainy days in LA.
So as I was walking to Gillette, I felt like it was going to be a fantastic day despite my lack of sleep.
I was wrong.

Large Iced Americano 3 regular 1 decaf for my supervisor. Check.
Graphic layout. Check.
Lunch break. Check.
Wet Chicken Burrito for my supervisor. And here is when it started going wrong.
They said they only served wet burritos for breakfast. And they didn't have half of the ingredients he wanted in his burrito. So I called the supervisor to explain and pleaded the cook to wet the burrito with extra salsa. It was crucial. He had emphasized to make sure that I got wet burrito. "Que mas quiere?" asked a lady in an annoyed tone, and they talked to each other in Spanish, naturally assuming I wouldn't understand them. Sometimes it's the best to let people have their secrecy and privacy, so I kept quiet.
Cover the front desk for an hr. And I had the most nerve racking 30 minutes of my intern life.
I had THE owner of the company on line one, wanting to talk to my supervisor, and someone else was calling so I had to take it (no more than 3 rings! I was strictly told). It was one of the producers asking for someone's contact info I couldn't find. Connected line one with my supervisor, kept looking for the info, and two expected visitors came in. Got them water, and called Scott (another intern) to ask where I could find the info. He was on his way. Line two "What happened to the contact info?!" "I'm still looking into it.." Line three, my supervisor. "Hey for the future reference, get me Mr. Evans right away no matter what. He doesn't like to be on hold."
Scott comes in and starts asking questions I don't have answers to saying, "you're the one who talked with her."
Well, Scott is back. I'm done covering the phone, I thought, but he needed to use restroom. And in that short time, a call comes through and I accidentally disconnect the call. Great humored producer goes "Hani, darling, you disconnected the call! Scott get him on the phone for me now. I don't know where he was calling from so try all the numbers."
A while later, Scott goes "so, what happened?"
Sigh...I think Scott began to distrust me.

Burn a presentation on a CD and take it to the Graphic Services, fill out the request paper. Check.
On my way, a cameraman joyfully greeted "nice day, today. How are you?" I couldn't help but smile and reply "good, how are you?" Aaaaaaaaah I wanted to cry...
I'm nervously waiting for the booklets, hoping I didn't mess up on that one.
Oh please, God. Have mercy and make those booklets perfectly pleasing to my supervisor's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment