Wednesday, October 14, 2009

casting

You know, I once thought of becoming an actress. Although I'm a terrible liar and own a horrible poker face in real life, I always loved acting and was heavily involved in plays and acts up to high school. But meeting so many great aspiring actors in LA, I'm almost ashamed to say that I wanted to be an actress.
For Jason's short film casting, the actresses had to prepare a monologue and sing a capella. And most of them were AWESOME, both in acting and singing. For the short film that I was assigned as a producer, actors performed a little scene with our reader (also an aspiring actor, who looks just like Zach Ephron, and he knows it), 1. how they interpreted the scene 2-4. with director's acting directions. Oh my..they were awesome. Some of them definitely stood out more than others but really, I was mesmerized by most of them.
It is unbelievable all the time they are putting into a student short film, for small and big parts. All the driving in the rain (apparently, people in California don't know how to drive in rain since it hardly rains here, and it miraculously rained today), hectic, horrifying parking situations, waiting forever for a 3-5 min. audition, and no payment.
Beautiful people. My respects.
Seriously, I don't even know how it is possible to have so many mediocre famous actors on screen (let's not name names. Well, let's: KeRe, JoCu, JuSt..OrBl is trying..I still have faith in him) when all these beautiful people are waiting for their chance.
Too depressing to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment