Monday, January 11, 2010

let it be


"Hani, you better be careful touching the kids. Most of them are HIV positive and who knows what other diseases they might have," said the captain of a NGO medical staff.
"Thanks," I smiled and lifted another kid to receive him into my arms.
"Well, I'm just warning you. You gotta learn how to say no to these kids."
"Yeah, I do need to learn to say no," I said, wishing these kids wouldn't understand English.
I didn't want to say no. Why would I refuse to hold kids? Not only was I there to capture the ministries but also to share and receive love. How could anyone possibly reject to have this so needed warmth anyway? I held the kid even tighter.
"If I die hugging a kid," Danielle started the sentence affirming my theory on our way back to our comfortable guest house.
"Let it be," I completed it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man.
    Oh man.

    This one. This one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so touched my this one. What a quote, hani. :) -Joohye

    ReplyDelete