Saturday, September 26, 2009

a week of premieres

The Invention of Lying.
My dear friends were waiting for me with my ticket, while I was running like crazy in Hollywoold Blvd. in hills, and we got in.
Chinese Theater was majestic and to see it so full amazed me.
Ricky Gervais, Jennifer Garner, Rob Lowe, and other cast members sat among us (not by us, us. Just among the audience) and the film started.
Oh.my.goodness. The film was funny. Great original premise and awesome cast (really, Ricky Gervais!?!) and incredible moments. At some point I thought it was too over the top but hey, it was supposed to be over the top, right?
Now. It had lots of profane jokes and as I was laughing, I couldn't believe I was laughing with all the other (probably secular) audience. Was it supposed to offend me? Maybe this film was just reminding us of some biblical stories! Then I was shocked.
Some of the friends who went with me hated the film. They thought the film was telling the audience that God was a lie. Gosh, what was I missing out? Really? Was that what I (as a good Christian) was supposed to feel as well? I was confused. I'm still confused. Please watch the film and tell me if my friends were overreacting or if I, indeed, have become insensible to...my Christianity.

Fame.
I didn't get to watch the film because I didn't actually have a ticket to the premiere but I went to see the celebrities. Didn't recognize anyone in particular. The original cast was performing live before the screening but we had to leave early because my friends were on their way to Britney Spear's concert.
Anywho, I'm anxiously waiting for Step Up 3 to come out. In 3-D with SYTYCD crew!! YEAAAAAHHH!!!!

Surrogates.
An interesting robot film with Bruce Willis. It has a twist that I actually went "whooooa" and it had a different take on the usage of robots. My neck hurt as I was sitting pretty close to the mega screen. And I liked the song in the end. If you like robot films, watch it. If not, watch The Invention of Lying and please tell me what you thought of it.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't miss much by not seeing the movie "Fame." The only thing that film inspired for my roommates and I was a dance party afterwards. How cool that you got to see some celebrities though! One of the many perks of being in Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dance party! Man, I wish I were there!!
    Have you seen the Invention of Lying? What did you think?!?

    ReplyDelete