Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the journey began

Picture this. Three Asians around Hardee's in Sioux Center, one in the gas station, one in Hardee's parking lot, and one across the street, all searching for something at 2:30am.
They all ride in the car after awhile and go all the way to the Casey's gas station at 10mi/h. Still searching for something. They do this repeatedly until they finally give up. Hani officially lost the fuel fill cap.
How did I manage to lose it? It's quite simple. I opened the fill cap and put it on top of the trunk, as many professional gas helpers do, and was about to fill the tank but realized the pumpers were closed. So I quickly hop in again and drive to Casey's gas station. I get there and my dad realizes that the fill cap is gone. So he put cooking wrap on it and it took us about 12 hours to get the cap. In Rapid City, SD.
Maybe I was really really tired after driving to and from Omaha. Driving back was quite an experience. It was so SO foggy that it reminded me of an airplane flying through clouds. Except this time, I was holding the wheel and was on the ground. Maybe I'm just so dumbly careless in anything that is related to cars. Yeah..that must be it.

You may have wondered, "why only three Asians? I thought you were on a family road trip!" You see, Sam's flight got switched. So instead of arriving last night to Omaha, he got a flight to Rapid City today in like an hour. Since he was leaving from Cancun, he got a voucher to a hotel room and dinner, and business class seats. Although I got to go to the Mount Rushmore and see Josh Wynia and Erin Mulder (what a small world!), after this long long hours of drive in the fog and annoying "check" sign on due the lack of fill cap (I hope), I'm sincerely jealous. We got to the airport earlier since we hadn't realized the time difference, but I'm thankful that I get to sit on the ground for awhile and take advantage of their free wi-fi.

6 hours yet to go. As soon as I get to the hotel, I'm ready to jump on the bed and wish my car could fly. Or transform into robots. Or sports car. Or Prius.

1 comment:

  1. Six hours isn't so bad, really. It'd be cool to drive a Prius that whole time to see how your mileage shifts and all, but six hours is no problem. You'll be fine. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete