Tuesday, December 21, 2010

compromises

I think it happens about twice a year.

I call up my parents frequently, something I neglect to do so often, to ask for some advice and prayers. It was about transferring schools in my freshman year. It was about where to spend vacations. It was about getting a car. It was about what to do with the used car. It was about how to get to places. It was about getting another used car. It was about job offers. It was about a job I didn't get. It was about loneliness. It was about my future plans.

Small decisions gear the bigger ones,
and the bigger ones can be life-changing.

There are regrets and "what-if's," but life goes on.
Too many compromises in life, for it to go on in a safer way.
I used to be told that I could do whatever my heart desired to, and I believed it. I thought I could and would do whatever I put my heart to.
But this society says that I can't. It shows me that it cannot be done.

"What does your heart really desire anyway?" it whispers.
"I don't know! I don't know anymore!" I cry out, and I compromise.

1 comment:

  1. I pretty much understand the sense I get from the word 'compromise.' I always struggle for making decisions too caring about what others tell me. Hope all your desires in the new year get fulfilled♥ Happy new year

    ReplyDelete